Volunteering at Native ARC
Native ARC is always looking for volunteers. As we are open 7 days a week, we need as many people possible to help out with the endless tasks that take place at the Centre. We train all volunteers on site and you do not need to have previous experience working with animals. However in order to volunteer you must be over 16 years of age and is recommended you have a current tetanus vaccination.
If you are serious about joining the team at Native ARC and becoming a volunteer, you can begin the application process.
To apply to be a Volunteer, simply complete a volunteer application form by clicking here.
Animal Care Volunteer
Native ARC's Animal Care volunteer program is for anyone interested in working directly with wildlife. Volunteers will work in the rehabilitation stages of the Centre under the guidance of the Centre's Directing Veterinary Surgeon, Registered Wildlife Rehabilitator and/or an experienced volunteer and are responsible for the following tasks:
- Preparing food for a variety of animals.
- Cleaning cages, vivariums, aviaries or other housing facilities.
- Washing up of dishes, laundry, perches and equipment.
- Sweeping, mopping of centre facilities.
- Assistance with handling large animals.
- Assistance with administering medications by an experienced volunteer.
- Transporting animals to and from vets, zoos or other wildlife shelters.
Native ARC's Gardening volunteering program is for anyone with a passion for wildlife and the environment and enjoys working outdoors. Gardening volunteers are responsible for maintaining Native ARC’s grounds, gardens and facilities. Gardening volunteers need to attend the Centre a minimum of 2 hours per week.